Wednesday 4 July 2012

Oh, it's good Scottish weather, madam

I got caught in the middle of the rain when I reached Lavender this morning. I decided to stop and take MRT station from Lavender to Raffles Place. But it’s only 8:35AM; folding bikes are only allowed starting 9AM onwards during weekday. The rain stopped lightly and I decided to continue cycling but it started pouring when I reached Bugis area. I still pursue cycling since I’m just wearing normal clothes and I still need to take a shower in the office. So why not get soaked for another 15 minutes?!

It was a great experience. Everytime I get caught in the rain I always remember Mel Gibson’s line in ‘Braveheart’ when he’s trying to convince her companion’s parents to go out even if it’s raining.

(raining, outside of Murron's house)
William: Good evening, sir.
MacClannough: Ah, young Wallace. Grand soft evening, huh?
William: Ay, is that. I was wondering if I might have a word with your daughter.

MacClannough: What do you want to have a word with her about?
William: Well, ah, Murron, would you like to come and ride with me on this
fine evening?

Mrs. MacClannough: In this? You're out of your mind.
William: Oh, it's good Scottish weather, madam. The rain is fallin' straight down, well slightly to the side like.





Also, while riding under the rain I had this confidence that I look like this:

Then I realize that people actually see me like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment